Excellence in Education to the Glory of God
011 763 7012
As a private school, we select successful candidates based on our admissions criteria and do not simply operate our admissions on the basis of available space in the class.
In the selection process, these are some of the critical questions we consider:
The application process involves:
- Are the parents in agreement with the stated educational aims and foundational beliefs of the school? We believe the school serves families not children. We operate in partnership with parents to produce well-rounded children.
- Will the student comfortably adjust to the stringent academic requirements of The King's School Discovery? While many secondary schools only concentrate on equipping children to pass matric, we focus on equipping our graduates to cope with tertiary education study and life-skills for the workplace. Our application process may require that a full assessment from an educational psychologist is completed before a selection decision is finalised.
- Will the parent and student support the Code of Conduct of the school? Our school rules are based on mutual respect, honouring authority and obedience as taught in God's Word.
- Can the parents sustain the cost of private education over several years? Although every effort is made to keep fees at an affordable level, the school is not able to compromise its service delivery by non-payment of fees.
- Does the student’s previous school experience reflect a positive academic and conduct record? Our school values applicants who display a strong work ethic, a teachable nature and a measure of self-disipline.
- Does the student express a personal desire to attend The King's School Discovery? We are training young people to make responsible life decisions under their parents' and teachers' guidance.
Additional documents that must be included with the application forms are
- Submission of relevant documents (see Application Forms Pack above).
- An interview with the School Principal or Management Team; and
- A placement test (age-normative in Primary School, skills-based in High School) with the student.
- Photocopy of both parents’ ID documents.
- Photocopy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Grade 1 to 11 applicants: The most recent school report.
The application requires a supporting reference from the family’s minister or pastor and parents are required to sign the school’s Statement of Beliefs.